Bird Group established its educational arm, Bird Academy, in 1998 to meet the growing demand for internationally competent human resource. Bird Academy, under the aegis of Bird Education Society for Travel & Tourism is a registered society, providing skill development by training students to enable them to gain necessary skills and qualification in the travel, tourism and aviation sector and meet the job sector demands by providing a multi skilled, competent and efficient work force. Bird Academy is a pioneer in designing curriculum, developing content and conduct of training and vocational programs. The Academy has been accredited with numerous awards & accolades.
Bird Academy offers a wide choice of pre-designed and custom-tailored courses mapped to career preference. All the courses offered are job-oriented with 100% placement assistance. These courses provide mid-career training to employees who were previously travelling overseas for the same, locally at lower cost.
There are 14 training centres across India out of which 5 are IATA training centres, which have a team of qualified IATA trainers with national & international business associations. The Academy also - has collaborations with Amadeus / DITTM / DU / MUNDUS and has till now, trained over 40,000 professionals for employment in travel and travel related sectors in India and abroad.
Aviation Multi Skill Development Centre is set up at Chandigarh’s old Airport in collaboration with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Airport Authority of India (AAI), first of its kind in the country to provide skilling in eight aviation job roles with hands on training in an actual airport environment. The Centre is India’s first and only 5-star accredited (by NSDC) aviation skilling hub. It is nurturing a skill ecosystem in the aviation sector and providing ‘Hunar se Rozgar Tak’ opportunities in a true spirit. Unemployed youth, including girls, from underprivileged backgrounds, are coached free of cost and with able guidance and diligent efforts by the skilling centre. Students have been suitably trained and placed in jobs with airports / travel agencies across the country including Kochi, Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Goa and Delhi.
Awards & Accolades
- Regional Training Partner by International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- awarded as the Best agency for providing Aviation Skills & Training by FICCI during WINGS India 2018 ceremony held at the Taj Krishna, Hyderabad
- ranked as IATA top 10 ATS (South Asia) for 2016 – 2018 for Dangerous Goods Regulation Training
- ranked as IATA top performing ATC (South Asia) for 8 consecutive years from 2011-2018
- recognised as IATA ATC Premier Circle Member for 2010
- ranked for the High Graduate Success Rate in 2009
- Bird Academy honoured as ‘2020 Premier Circle Member’ by IATA